Drivu (4M Technologies LLC) - Terms and conditions of service
This page lists the terms and conditions on which users use drivu service and subscribers (restaurants and coffee shops) supply any of their items listed on drivu service. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before signing up, using the service or ordering any item from drivu. By signing up, accessing our service or placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full, please don’t use the drivu service.
To be a user of drivu service, you need to create an account which consist of personal information such as a username, email, mobile number, car plate number and location tracking.
Drivu is a service operated by 4M Technologies LLC ("we", "us" or "drivu"). Drivu is a business where the food is prepared by independent restaurants or coffee shops (“subscribers) and picked up by you as a customer.
Description of Service
Drivu provides a way for you to communicate your orders to subscribers listed on its service and enable you to pickup the items as you arrive to their selected branch. We provide a simple and convenient service to you ("user", "customer") to place your orders easily. We offer subscribers a method of having a drive thru facility using technology to comfortably sell their items to customers who are driving to their branches.
Drivu does not sell or interfere in any way in the production of any food produced at the restaurants or coffee shops. We only offer the ability to reach the restaurants using the drive thru method and enable the customers to order and pickup the items as they arrive.
All our subscribers are obliged to comply with the country’s local laws, rules, regulations and standards related to food preparation, sale, marketing and safety. We do not independently check, verify or audit the representations or items of restaurants or their compliance with applicable laws. We do not guaranty the quality of any food or its compliance with applicable laws or matching it with the menu displayed on drivu’s service. We are not liable for responsible for any food or service offered by restaurants or coffee shops ("subscribers") that is unhealthy, caused injury, unacceptable or that does not meet the expectations of the customer in any way.
All items preparations are the sole responsibility of the restaurant and coffeeshop accepting the order. They do everything they can to meet with the preparation time, however at times it may be affected by factors beyond their control and therefore can not be guaranteed.
Drivu offers the ordering and pickup/drive thru service from our subscribers throughout the United Arab Emirates, which is our country of domicile and governed by its local law. Each subscriber has its own working hours and online availability. If the restaurant/coffeeshop is out of their working hour or is not available for any reason to receive your order, you’ll either not find them listed or will be informed of their inability to serve your order before you place it.
- Customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- Visa and Master Card using UAE Dirham will be accepted for payment
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
- Cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with drivu website/application shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website or application and are not allowed to transact or use the website or application.
- If you make a payment for items in drivu service, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
The order you place to a restaurant or coffeeshop will be sent directly to them and the transaction will be between you and the subscriber. Please ensure that you provide an accurate mobile number, car plate number and current location for the subscriber to serve you well and to offer a great experience. There will be some times the subscriber will call you through your mobile to confirm the order to communicate with you on that regard. Failure to arrive and pickup your order will potentially cause your account to be suspended and you’ll be liable to pay the full amount of the order to the subscriber. Tracking your location is vital for a comfortable experience with drivu. Restaurants will be able to view your location on real time after accepting the order and until the order is closed, during which they can know when you arrive to the branch to serve you with the items you purchased.
Not giving the road your full attention while driving is risky. Please only use drivu while the car is idle, unless you are a passenger. We are not responsible for any risk that occurs for while using the service. The customer should fully comply with the local traffic laws.
The following points are part of the Subscription Agreement (the “Agreement”) which is entered into by and between on 4M Technologies LLC. Organized and existing under the laws of Dubai, under Trade License number (704656). Referred to hereinafter as “First Party: drivu”. & you as a restaurants/coffee shop owner/manager, referred to hereinafter as “Second Party: subscriber”. By adding the subscribers details, you consent and agree that you are part of the subscriber's legal entity and have the right to add its details.
Therefore, both parties agree to sign this agreement as per the following conditions:
- Drivu agrees to receive orders from “Customers” on behalf of the Subscriber. Drivu is responsible for transmitting customer’s orders to the Subscriber through the agreed Electronic Linked connections.
- Subscriber will be using drivu electronic system to receive drive thru orders from “Customers”. The Subscriber will accept the order & prepare it for “Customers” pickup as they arrive to the location, according to food and beverage industry standards. All order transactions will be made within the system itself.
- Subscriber will have real time access to “Customer's” location once order is accepted.
- Subscriber will create an account in “Drivu” to start receiving orders. The Account will require an email, a logo, contact number, location and a name and other details.
- A constant reminder notification will be sent to the Subscriber to accept the “Customer's” order quickly as per food and beverage industry standards. When “Customers” arrive to the location, the Subscriber’s staff will take the prepared items to the “Customers” and collect the payment for cash payments.
- Drivu will receive a service commission from total value of each order sent by the First Party to the Second Party & sold through the drivu system. Commission is collected by end of each week. The iPad will be provided by the Second Party and will dedicated for the use of drivu to receive customers orders. Incase of delay or non payment of service commission, Drivu is entitled to stop or suspend the service until receipt of all its dues.
- Drivu is not responsible for the faults arisen from “Customers” such as refusing to pick up the order or failing to be present at the time of pickup, etc. Drivu will do its best to prevent such conditions.
- The Subscriber will bear the charges/fees of credit card payments or any other form of online payment transacted by the customer in drivu.
- The Subscriber is solely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, regulations, rules and standards related to preparation, selling, marketing and safety of food and its components. Drivu will not be held liable for any food or beverage provided by the Subscriber that are rotten, expired, not valid, causes harm, not acceptable to “Customers” or do not meet expectations of “Customers” in any way.
- Drivu incurred all the programming, development and marketing costs of its platform to enable Subscribers to connect with “Customers” for drive thru orders & purchases. The Subscriber agrees to exclusively use drivu platform for its drive thru activities during the contract period.
- The duration of this contract is 1 calendar year, effective from the day of signup and it's automatically renewed. Either parties may terminate this contract in any time without any reason or objection from any party after sending a written one month notice to the other party prior to the termination, without prejudice to the rights of both parties towards each other.
The restaurants or coffee shops have the right to reject or cancel your order before or after accepting it. They try their best to accommodate all orders, however at certain times they’ll have to reject the orders and would usually inform the customer immediately on the reason of cancellation. If you want to cancel your order, you have to call the subscriber and request an order cancellation within 1 minute of acceptance to be eligible for refund.
Once payment is done, the customer will receive an email within one working day for the payment confirmation.
The restaurants or coffee shops have the right to reject or cancel your order before or after accepting it. They try their best to accommodate all orders, however at certain times they’ll have to reject the orders and would usually inform the customer immediately on the reason of cancellation. If you want to cancel your order, you have to call the subscriber and request an order cancellation. If a refund is requested after receiving and completing the order, you have to ask for the refund within 1 hours of the order and should inform the subscriber you ordered from the details of the cancelation reasons. Refunds will be made onto the original mode of payment and will be processed within 10 to 45 days depends on the issuing bank of the credit card. Subscriber must detail the return, refund, and cancellation policy clearly on the Website to inform Cardholders of their rights and responsibilities
- The wrong product was sent by the merchant.
- The product is defective.
- The product was damaged in shipping.
- The product is tampered.
We list the prices of each items and their extra options on our service. Prices can change at any time without any prior notice. We try our best to list accurate prices on the menus, however at times some items might be incorrectly priced, which we correct as we discover them. Payment can be done directly to the subscriber as you receive your item.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice. You agree to indemnify hold drivu (4M Technologies LLC), its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and subscribers harmless from any claim, demand or damage (direct, indirect or consequential), including attorney’s fees made by anyone in connection with your use of the service.